Shionogi Health Declaration
Shionogi defines its company policy as follows: Shionogi strives constantly to supply the best possible medicine to protect the health and wellbeing of the patients we serve.
We believe that to realize this company policy, it is important that each and every employee not only maintains and improves their own mental and physical health and works energetically, but also promotes the health of their family that support them, and builds a healthy and happy home.
Under this belief, Shionogi and the health insurance association will work hard together to nurture a corporate culture that prizes the health of employees and the families that support them, and to create a supportive environment to help them maintain good health.
Being fully committed to health for all, every Shionogi member will engage in their daily work and strive even harder to achieve the company policy.
In conjunction with the establishment of Shionogi Health Declaration 2014, Shionogi initiated its efforts to foster a health-conscious corporate culture. Considering that such efforts (health and productivity management[*1]) should be further strengthened to achieve SGS2020, we issue Shionogi Health Declaration 2018, with fiscal 2020 as its target year.
- ※1The term “health and productivity management”® is a registered trademark of the Workshop for the Management of Health on Company and Employee.
- 1The Company and the health insurance association are committed to enhancing and maintaining the good health of employees and their families, implementing measures for health enhancement and realizing a workplace environment in which all employees can fully demonstrate their abilities.
- 2Employees will make active efforts to manage their own and their family’s health.
- 1Maintain a 100% health checkup receipt rate on a domestic consolidated basis, and promote awareness-raising activities at overseas group companies.
- 2Reduce the number of employees receiving specified health instructions to prevent the deterioration of lifestyle-related diseases to zero.
- 4Make all business sites smoke free, aiming to achieve the goal of reducing the employee smoking rate to zero.
- 5Promote efforts to create a comfortable workplace environment that is free from mental health problems.
- ※1Presenteeism loss refers to loss attributed to employees who are present at work but are unable to perform as usual or as expected because of their poor mental and/or physical condition.
President and CEO
Shionogi & Co., Ltd.