What are cookies
Some cookies (known as session cookies) are deleted when you close down your browser. Other cookies remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and these types enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
There are different types of cookies:
· Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. For example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or to comply with the law (i.e. to keep your information safe). The legal basis for collection of information through the use of strictly necessary cookies is contract performance or our third parties' legitimate interests such as the provision of a functioning website.
· Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, remember your preference settings (e.g. your choice of language or text size) and choices you make (e.g. log in details) and provide services you have asked for. Information collected by functionality cookies may or may not be anonymized, but they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. The legal basis for collecting information through such cookies is your consent.
· Performance cookies. These cookies allow us to count the number of visitors to our website and collect information about how visitors use our website (e.g. which pages are visited most often and if any error messages are received from web pages). This helps us improve the way our website works (e.g. by ensuring users are finding what they are looking for easily). Information collected by these cookies is anonymous. The legal basis for collecting information through such cookies is your consent.
· Targeting/Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. They also remember when you have visited the website before. Sometimes we share anonymised information about your browsing activity with our advertising agencies so they can assist us with developing future advertising campaigns. The legal basis for collecting information through such cookies is your consent.
Cookies can be first or third party cookies depending on which website the cookie comes from. First party cookies are those set by or on behalf of the website visited. All other cookies are third party cookies (these are likely to be analytical / performance cookies or targeting cookies). While we may allow third parties to access our website to place these cookies, we do not retain control over the information supplied by these cookies.
· Preventing you from seeing the Cookie message multiple times
· Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our website.
Our cookies will have the file names:
· Google Analytics: UA-164675617-1
· Other cookie filenames might be set and written by your browser locally, we can't control these filenames
How long cookies will be stored on your device
Except for strictly necessary cookies, all cookies will expire after 24 months.
Managing your cookies
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or block future cookies form being placed on your computer, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser's “help” function will tell you how to do this. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
NP-EU-NP-0116 dop May 2020 ...