Shionogi Inc. is dedicated to supporting continuing medical education (CME) for healthcare providers working to improve the lives of patients in our therapeutic areas.
Areas of Medical Interest
We provide grants to patient and professional advocacy groups in support of CME in the following areas of medical interest.
- Gram negative multidrug resistant infectious disease
- Thrombocytopenia associated with chronic liver disease
All grant requests must be unsolicited. Please allow at least eight weeks for review of any application.
To apply for grant support in one of our areas of medical interest please submit the following documentation via email to email@example.com:
- A formal letter of request on the entity’s letterhead signed by an authorized representative.
- A copy of detailed agenda, table of contents, detailed protocol(s), educational materials or a detailed summary of program content.
- Educational objectives and needs assessment.
- A detailed description of the Educational Program or similar event content that clearly shows that the presentation of educational information will be unbiased, balanced, up-to-date and scientifically rigorous.
- An explanation of how the activity will benefit patient care, knowledge, or other public health objective.
- A proposed budget with line-item detail.
- A statement of independence from Shionogi influence, with the Grant recipient taking responsibility for selecting content, speakers, faculty, attendees, and logistical elements of the Educational Program.
Call for Grants (CFG)
We allocate the majority of our funding to CME in areas posted in the CFG system below. Please check back as this list is updated periodically.
CFG ID: ID-101
Activity Type: Web-based, enduring, self-paced
HCP Focus: Priority will be given to proposals that include Infectious Disease, Critical Care Physicians and Pharmacists. Secondary audiences may include clinical microbiologists.
- Epidemiology by geography, pathogen and site of infection of Carbapenem Resistant Gram-negative infections and Prevalence of Non-fermenters
- Review the major mechanisms of resistance which often overlap
- Describe the health and economic burden of CR-GN Infections
- Therapeutic Options Current and Future.
Commercial Support Preference: Single or Multiple support. Limited Funding Available.
To apply for a grant to support CME activity(s) in one of our areas of medical interestposted in our CFG system, please submit the following documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- All of the information requested for grant submissions above, AND
- Documentation of experience in the therapeutic area that may include, details of prior activities, special capabilities of the provider, or educational outcomes of prior activities.
- The subject line of the submission MUST include the CFG ID to be reviewed within the call for grants system. Any submissions that do not list a CGF ID will be reviewed as a grant request.
To apply for a contribution to a CME program please submit the following documentation via email to email@example.com:
- Formal letter of request for a contribution
- A copy of the organization’s IRS letter of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- A written proposal that describes in itemized detail the purpose for which the funds, products or services provided will be used
- Educational objectives and/or needs assessment