Shionogi Inc. Social Media Community Guidelines
These guidelines are specific to social media channels operated by Shionogi Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd. These guidelines do not apply to social media channels operated outside of the U.S. by other companies in the Shionogi family.
We welcome the opportunity to hear from you via @mentions and replies. However, we would like to remind you that we operate in a regulated industry. As such, some of our activities on social media are limited, meaning we cannot engage in discussion(s) about personal medical histories, diagnoses, medical products or treatment options on social media. We do not guarantee that we will reply to all comments on our social media posts or direct messages/@mentions received via our social media channels.
Guidance and Considerations for Social Media Activities
We respectfully request that you avoid posting comments or mentions that include:
- Medical advice, including use of our products for purposes that are not approved by the appropriate regulatory body, or comments which purport to provide or describe a medical diagnosis
- Discriminatory or derogatory comments, abuse, threats, and obscene, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate statements or content
- Political or religious information or opinions
- Profanity, vulgarity, sexually explicit content, graphic images, or personal attacks
- Excessively redundant comments or suspected bot engagements
- Spamming or malicious computer software
- Infringement on copyrights or trademarks
- Advertisement or promotion of services, products, sites, or initiatives
- Promotion of illegal activity
- Off-topic subjects that may be considered spam or advertising
- Unsupported accusations
- Material from unverified sources
- Inappropriate behavior, as specified by each social media platform
We reserve the right to reject, remove or hide any comments that include such content, and we may block or remove users who do not comply with these community guidelines. Please note that there may be additional scenarios not outlined above that lead to the removal or hiding of comments or blocking of users.
If you are under the age of 18, do not comment without the knowledge and permission of a parent or legal guardian. The personal information you share about yourself or others on our social media channels are visible to other users of the platforms. Please do not share personal information about others. Shionogi Inc. is not responsible for the contents of your comment.
Accuracy of Information
Information provided on our corporate social media accounts is current as of the date it is posted. While Shionogi Inc. provides information with close attention to accuracy, we cannot guarantee the completeness, usefulness, timeliness, safety or reliability of the information provided on our accounts.
Additional Considerations and Information
- Accounts that we may follow, or that follow and/or engage with us, do not indicate our endorsement of, or affiliation with, such accounts or any content thereof.
- We will do our best to moderate and respond to your comments quickly, but please note that we may be unable to respond to all questions or comments.
- Our posts are informational and should not be viewed as professional or medical advice. Always seek the guidance of your treating physician or healthcare professional regarding medical conditions and medications.
- We do not use our corporate social media channels for advertising or promoting prescription medications.
Shionogi group employees must adhere to their country-specific social media policy when engaging on social media.
Shionogi Inc. reserves the right to change these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion and without notice.
If you would like to request medical information, report an adverse event (medication side effect) or report a product complaint for a Shionogi Inc. product, please visit the Medical Information page, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.849.9707. Please do not use our social media channels for these purposes.
We look forward to connecting with you.