Areas of Medical Interest
- Gram negative multidrug resistant infectious disease
- Thrombocytopenia associated with chronic liver disease
All grant requests must be unsolicited. Please allow at least eight weeks for review of any application.
To apply for grant support in one of our areas of medical interest please submit the following documentation via email to email@example.com:
- A formal letter of request on the entity’s letterhead signed by an authorized representative.
- A copy of detailed agenda, table of contents, detailed protocol(s), educational materials or a detailed summary of program content.
- Educational objectives and needs assessment.
- A detailed description of the Educational Program or similar event content that clearly shows that the presentation of educational information will be unbiased, balanced, up-to-date and scientifically rigorous.
- An explanation of how the activity will benefit patient care, knowledge, or other public health objective.
- A proposed budget with line-item detail.
- A statement of independence from Shionogi influence, with the Grant recipient taking responsibility for selecting content, speakers, faculty, attendees, and logistical elements of the Educational Program.
Call for Grants (CFG)
Live/Virtual educational forum
Infectious Disease and Critical Care Physicians and Pharmacists. Secondary audiences may include clinical microbiologists.
- Review the pathophysiology and diagnosis of hospital acquired (HAP) and ventilator acquired bacterial pneumonia (VAP) including the most common pathogens and how the emergence of multi-drug antimicrobial resistance limits the treatment options available to the patient care team.
- Review the major causes of resistance observed in resistant Gram-negative nosocomial pneumonias, including extended generation beta-lactamases and Carbapenem resistance.
- Describe the health and economic burden of HAP/VAP
- Review new/current treatment options of HAP/VAP and identify the appropriate patients for these drugs
Single or Multiple support.
- All of the information requested for grant submissions above, AND
- Documentation of experience in the therapeutic area that may include, details of prior activities, special capabilities of the provider, or educational outcomes of prior activities.
- The subject line of the submission MUST include the CFG ID to be reviewed within the call for grants system. Any submissions that do not list a CGF ID will be reviewed as a grant request.
- Formal letter of request for a contribution
- A copy of the organization’s IRS letter of 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- A written proposal that describes in itemized detail the purpose for which the funds, products or services provided will be used
- Educational objectives and/or needs assessment