Human Resources Development
Policy for Human Resources Development
Career development at Shionogi
Desired Human Resources
Image of personnel desired by Shionogi
Desired managers and nurturing the next generation of leaders
Shionogi defines its managers as persons who:
- understand well that a manager’s duties cannot be performed as an extension of what they have done but should be performed as a totally new job;
- see their subordinates as indispensable, know the importance of the responsibility to train them, and therefore study by themselves harder than anyone else;
- always pay attention to outside and try to establish networks inside and outside the Company so as to humbly know the level of themselves, while keeping updating information necessary to cause innovation to operation in the group;
- think and act not only from the perspective of own organization but from the perspective of overall optimization;
- have a fighting spirit and are striving to be an outstanding manager in the organization, by honing the ability to logically promote own proposals;
- with experience of being involved in compliance promotion, implement compliance with high awareness; and
- always return to the Company Policy, Shionogi’s philosophy, have the pride as the member of Shionogi, and work to strengthen own expertise and skills as well as to enhance the dignity as humans.
The President’s Management Seminar
Senior management development through management at group companies
Divisional rotation of corporate officers
Remuneration and Evaluation System
- “People are the source of competitiveness” is Shionogi’s principle for human resources development. Under this principle, aiming to “develop and build strong individuals and organizations capable of surviving global competitions” and help achieve growth through work, Shionogi has established its personnel system based on the concepts of “work is the basis,” “behavior change” and “creation of achievements.”
- The personnel system is also designed to develop highly specialized personnel, in which the definition of “highly specialized personnel” and how such personnel can significantly contribute to the performance of the Company/department are clarified, so as to enable employees to achieve self-fulfillment.
- Evaluation of employees focuses on their degree of contribution to the Company/organization (creation of achievements) and processes that lead to the achievements (behavior change), which are reflected on their treatment. In view of the concepts of the personnel system, remuneration is linked to the business performance and a part of earnings are allocated to employees according to their contribution. The objective of this system is to make employees interested in the Company’s business performance and feel involved in business management, so that both Company and individuals can grow together.
Outline of the evaluation system
Evaluate the achievements obtained through the performance of duties (creation of achievements) and the actions and processes taken (behavior change).
Comprehensively determine the creation of achievements and the behavior change, and reflect them in treatment.