Human Resources Development
Secure Human Resources to Support Growth
Formulating a vision for human resources (Shionogi Way)
For Achieve the Shionogi Way
■ Personnel System
SHIONOGI has a job grade-based personnel system. This system treats employees according to their job grade, regardless of their age, gender, or other traits, and it assesses employees using a combination of a behavioral assessment, which is an absolute evaluation of the behavior that SHIONOGI desires, and a contribution assessment, which is a relative evaluation of the degree to which each employee is contributing. Starting in fiscal 2021, we are adding our five Values to the behavioral assessment items to reflect the Shionogi Way. We also plan to include all of these Values in the human resources requirements in our human resources system from now on.
With respect to our compensation system, we set compensation at levels that are appropriate for the job based on the labor market, so that we can pay people according to their work. Bonuses are performance-linked so that each employee will benefit based on meeting his/her challenges in contributing to the Company’s growth.
■ Education and Training
■ Overview of SHIONOGI’s Human Resources Development Programs
SHIONOGI's career development
At SHIONOGI, we aim to have each employee demonstrate their individual characteristics and strengths and tie their personal growth through their work into the growth of their organization. With a view to the startling environmental shifts both inside and outside our company and the diversification of career challenges, based on the concept of “enabling all employees to autonomously think about their careers and translate that into action when turning points in their individual careers require them to do so,” in fiscal 2021, we revised the career training that we had implemented according to age group (30s/40s/50s) until now and improved it so that any employee can undergo that training regardless of their age.
In fiscal 2022 as well, under the leadership of the Career Development Office that was newly established in the Human Resources Department, we will continue to further enhance career development and growth assistance for employees.
Strengthening managers and nurturing the next generation of leaders
■ Strengthening managers
The success of STS2030 hinges on bolstering our managers, as SHIONOGI’s managers are required to support employees’ growth, promote transformation of the workplace, and maximize the outputs of the entire organization. With this in mind, in fiscal 2020, we launched PJ-KANAME, a new program for manager development aimed at all domestic managers that stresses managers’ personal growth, sophisticated decision-making skills, and a commitment to grow both employees and the organization.
In Project KANAME, "Penetration and practice of medium-term management plan STS2030", "Decision-making / decision-making", "Labor / goal management / personnel evaluation", "DX", "Business creation", "Overseas support", "Logical writing" A wide variety of programs such as "power" and "basic management knowledge" are provided, from management strategy and human resource management to DX and new business creation. Is designed to help you improve your level by continuing to learn every day. In FY2022, using “autonomy” and “actual practice” as our keywords, we will proceed to facilitate the development of a framework that enables employees to personally identify the skills that are ideal for them to build on and required of them and to autonomously study for the purpose of acquiring those skills.
People who contribute to the growth of the company by refining the strengths of people / organizations and making responsible decisions.
Mission: What to do as a manager
• Develop human resources and contribute to the sustainable growth of the company / society through OJT and appropriate evaluation.
• Create challenging organizations and maximize organizational outcomes through optimal and swift decision making.
■ The President’s Management Seminar
■ Senior management development through management at group companies
■ Divisional rotation of corporate officers
Remuneration and Evaluation System
- “People are the source of competitiveness” is SHIONOGI’s principle for human resources development. Under this principle, aiming to “develop and build strong individuals and organizations capable of surviving global competitions” and help achieve growth through work, SHIONOGI has established its personnel system based on the concepts of “work is the basis,” “behavior change” and “creation of achievements.”
- The personnel system is also designed to develop highly specialized personnel, in which the definition of “highly specialized personnel” and how such personnel can significantly contribute to the performance of the Company/department are clarified, so as to enable employees to achieve self-fulfillment.
- Evaluation of employees focuses on their degree of contribution to the Company/organization (creation of achievements) and processes that lead to the achievements (behavior change), which are reflected on their treatment. In view of the concepts of the personnel system, remuneration is linked to the business performance and a part of earnings are allocated to employees according to their contribution. The objective of this system is to make employees interested in the Company’s business performance and feel involved in business management, so that both Company and individuals can grow together.
Outline of the evaluation system
Evaluate the achievements obtained through the performance of duties (creation of achievements) and the actions and processes taken (behavior change).
Comprehensively determine the creation of achievements and the behavior change and reflect them in treatment.