SHIONOGI Group EHS Policy
Based on the SHIONOGI Group Heritage (The Company Policy of SHIONOGI) that "SHIONOGI strives constantly to supply the best possible medicine to protect the health and wellbeing of the patients we serve,” SHIONOGI Group supplies safe and secure pharmaceuticals and provides healthcare services in a stable manner to contribute to the realization of a healthy society.
To this end, we need to promote EHS※1 activities, such as “Engagement in environmental issues” and “Optimization of work practices and enhancement of the workplace environment” as indicated in the SHIONOGI Group Code of Conduct. We also need to conduct business activities in a manner that gives consideration to the protection of the global environment, the prevention of pollution, and our employees and the local communities in which SHIONOGI Group operates. SHIONOGI Group comply with the items described in this policy and strive to maintain and improve the Group’s EHS standards through practical activities※2.
- 1Under a highly organized management system that clarifies organizational responsibilities and authorities, we identify priority issues based on the material issues (materiality) of SHIONOGI Group and work to resolve them by formulating and responsibly implementing EHS Action Targets.
- 2We comply with laws and regulations related to the environment, health, and safety as well as international standards and norms.
- 3We continue to work to reduce environmental impact and risk factors in the workplace in all business activities, such as research and development, production, distribution, and sales, within SHIONOGI Group as well as in collaboration with business partners.
- 4We aim to raise the awareness of our employees and business partners through prompt provision of information on EHS, regular EHS education and training, and EHS audits, dialogue, and engagement.
- 5We build a partnership of trust with society by enhancing communication, including disclosing information on EHS activities, and by supporting local and social environmental protection activities.
※1 EHS: Environment, Health and Safety
※2 See the SHIONOGI Group EHS Code of Conduct established by SHIONOGI Group for further details.
Established on October 5, 2015
Revised on January 1, 2022
Revised on March 20, 2023