Shionogi Group EHS Policy
In support of Shionogi’s mission to supply the best possible medicine to protect the health and well-being of the patients we serve, Shionogi strives to conduct business activities in a manner that gives consideration to protection of the global environment, prevention of pollution, and support of the health and safety of our employees and the local communities in which Shionogi Group companies operate. Specifically, Shionogi is committed to:
- 1Confirming the organization’s commitment to building a high-quality EHS management system.
- 2Complying with all relevant laws and regulations related to environmental health and safety and strive to maintain and improve the EHS level.
- 3Striving to continuously reduce environmental impact and hazardous factors of Shionogi Group business activities, including impacts caused by research and development, production, distribution, and sale of Shionogi products.
- 4Raising employees’ awareness of EHS-related policies and topics through the prompt provision of information and regular training and practice.
- 5Supporting the environmental protection and health and safety activities of the communities in which Shionogi Group companies are located, by acting in an environmentally-compatible way and by building a partnership of trust and accountability with the local community.
EHS: Environment, Health and Safety
Established on October 5,2015
Isao Teshirogi, Ph.D.
President and CEO
Shionogi & Co., Ltd.