Notice Regarding the Status and Completion of Acquisition of Own Shares
Osaka, Japan, March 24, 2021 - Shionogi & Co., Ltd. (Head Office: Osaka; President & CEO: Isao Teshirogi, Ph.D.; hereafter “Shionogi”) today announces that it has acquired its own shares pursuant to the provisions of Article 156 of the Companies Act, applied by replacing terms pursuant to the provisions of Article 165, paragraph 3 of the same Act.
With the following acquisition, the acquisition of our Treasury Stock based on the resolution of the Board of Directors Meeting held on October 30, 2020 has been completed.
1. Class of shares acquired Common stock of the Company
4. Period of acquisition
From March 1, 2021 to March 23, 2021 (execution base)
5. Method of acquisition
Acquire in the open market through discretionary trading in Tokyo Stock Exchange
1. Details of the resolution at the meeting of the Board of Directors held on October 30, 2020
(1) Class of shares to be acquired Common stock of the Company
(2) Total number of shares to be acquired 9,500,000 shares (maximum)
(3.1% of total outstanding shares [excluding treasury stock])
(3) Total amount of acquisition cost 50 billion yen (maximum)
(4) Period of acquisition From November 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021
2. The accumulative number and value of own shares acquired pursuant to the resolution above (on March 23, 2021)