OSAKA, Japan, February 19, 2021 - Shionogi & Co., Ltd. (Head office: Osaka,Japan; President and CEO: Isao Teshirogi, Ph.D.; hereafter "Shionogi" or “the Company”) has announced Shionogi was received the Environmental Report Excellence Award in the Environmental Reports category at the 24th Environmental Communication Awards for its Integrated Report and Environment Report 2020 available on its website.
The Environmental Communication Awards, sponsored by the Ministry of the Environment, Japan and the Global Environmental Forum, and by commending excellent environmental reports, they aim to promote environmental management and environmental communication efforts by businesses and improve the quality of environmental information disclosure.
The Environmental Report Excellence Award is given to reports that have received the highest evaluation after the grand prize, which is considered to be the best report. It is evaluated from the perspective of whether the company is actively working as its own corporate strategy on international trends such as the SDGs and the Paris Agreement, the formation of a sustainable society, and the response to climate change.
In this year’s award, Shionogi received high marks for the following key initiatives.
- Conducting materiality assessments based on the development of a New Medium-Term Business Plan and formulating new medium- and long-term targets for 2030 and 2050
- Challenging itself to innovate the Company’s business model as HaaS1
- Setting a goal of “net-zero CO2 emissions by 2050” as part of the Company’s climate change measures and launching initiatives for SBT2 and TCFD3
- Conducting audits on environmental release control and management for both the Shionogi Group and its suppliers with a focus on AMR (antimicrobial resistance)
1. HaaS：Healthcare as a Service
2. SBT：Science Based Targets
3. TCFD：Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures
4. EHS：Environment, Health and Safety
・SHIONOGI Integrated Report 2020：
・Environment Report 2020：